4.22.2010

In Memory Of...

All of America's fallen Soldiers and Sailors. Dad, Payton and I went up to Arlington National Cemetary today. I was just in awe of all of the Veterans there. There were a few services going on and it just made me so proud to be in the service.

But we didn't go as tourists, we went to see family. I am posting the photos of the sites of our family members and not sure if it's really "proper" to do so on a blog, but I'm proud of them. First, my grandfather, Capt Gordon MacLane or as people knew him back then, Capt Mad Mac. I didn't know him that well, he passed when I was young but his CG stories I hear from my dad and grandma never get old.  He had an impact in the CG and I am so proud to be his granddaughter.

Next we visited a brother of a very close family friend. U.S Army SFC Charles Dunson. I didn't know him but he passed while he was serving. His family hasn't been able to see his site yet and I was honored to be able to visit him for them.

I know this seems like a sappy post, but I am very proud to be in the military and all those who do serve as well. It's amazing to be a part of something so historic and important.

1 comment:

deccozmo said...

I think this is a wonderful post. I am so very proud of you and the choice you have made to serve your country. I love you